Run 1 mile
Then, 3 rounds of:
30-second left-side plank
30-second reverse plank
30-second right-side plank
30-second front plank
Post run time to comments.
5 BENEFITS OF SLEEP
1. Health: Not getting enough Z’s can compromise your immune system making you more susceptible to viruses. Plus, living in a constant state of sleep debt can contribute to high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
2. Smarts: Even though your body is at rest, your brain is buzzing. During sleep is when the brain sorts and processes information you absorbed while awake.
3. Weight Control: Recent research indicates a relationship between insufficient sleep and inability to loseor even maintain weight.
4. Coordination: Trying new activities that require coordinationlike step aerobics and playing the piano can be made more difficult after a bad night’s sleep.
5. Beauty: They don’t call it “beauty sleep” for nothing. While you sleep, your body repairsitself. Experts say you need 8 hours of sleep to avoid puffy, bloodshot eyes, as well as dark under-eye circles and a pale washed-out complexion.
This week I challenge you to go to bed earlier. Count your clock back from when you need to wake up and get 8 hours of sleep a night. You can even set a bedtime reminder on your iPhone.